Serious About Security
See that green padlock in your browser address bar? That means all the information you share (for example, passwords or account numbers) is private when sent to our site. We encrypt all of your data using the most advanced security measures so no one can eavesdrop on our conversation, keeping your information safe and secure. In tech speak, we use 256-bit SSL encryption, the same used by banks.
On top of that, we’re registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.
By logging into your online bank or credit card account you enable our systems to view your online statements, and that’s it. Our systems cannot move any money, make any payment or perform any other action on your account.
If at any point you change your mind, just let us know. Your account and associated data will be deleted from our system.
Personal information you need to share to use Bean:
- Your email address
- A ‘Bean’ password
- Your online banking credentials (varies per institution)
Should you request a contract cancellation you may also need to provide:
- Third party account number; eg. Netflix account number
- Your mobile number
- Your date of birth
The purpose of sharing this information:
- Identifying new and existing regular payments from your account
- Keeping you updated with changes to your regular payments
- Presenting you with money saving opportunities
- Cancellation of contracts with third party organisations on your behalf
Storing of information:
- Your personal information is stored securely on servers within the EU
- We will hold your data as long as necessary, or until you ask for it to be removed