This policy was last updated October 2018
By “personal information” we mean all information that identifies or may identify you.
Information we may obtain from you
The personal information we may collect from you includes:
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number(s);
- Bean account information;
- Bank account details;
- Online banking information;
- Bills and other recurring contracts;
- Transaction data;
- Information regarding any interactions you may have with us;
- Yodlee username and password (see the section on Yodlee below);
- Information regarding your demographics, interests and experiences with our products.
- Complete forms on our website or mobile app (this includes when you create or amend an account with us);
- Use or access our website or mobile app;
- Communicate with us (through any channel);
- Respond to surveys or questionnaires we send you.
- To provide our products and services to you;
- For correspondence or participating in online surveys to help us enhance our services and products for you;
- To provide special offers and other related services to you;
- To verify your identity when setting up an account;
- To enable us to contact you about your account and finances;
- To enable us to ask security related questions if, for instance, you later ask us to reset your password;
- To improve and tailor our products and services;
- For our own internal record keeping requirements;
- For marketing purposes, such as sending you email newsletters with offers, information, promotions or products and services, from us or our partners, or other information we think you may find interesting;
- To analyse it so we can make suggestions which may enable you to save money or consider alternative products to the ones which you are using (this may involve us sending limited details about you (which will not identify you) to our partners so that suggested products can be tailored to you);
- For the purposes of statistical analysis of users’ behaviour as a whole;
- To help in the creation of anonymised statistical data which we may use at our discretion (including licensing to third parties);
- To contact you, for instance with notifications relating to your account.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website(s). Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you;
- Yodlee so that it can provide financial aggregation services, as explained below.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers;
- In connection with any proposed or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to anyone whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations for the purposes of evaluating and performing the proposed transaction;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If required in order to obtain professional advice;
We also keep track of the internet addresses from which users visit us, and track the page(s) on our site which you visit. This is so we can analyse this data for trends and statistics.
When we may obtain information
You do not have to supply any information simply to visit our website.
We may receive personal information from you when you:
We may also receive your personal information from a US-based company called Yodlee, Inc. ( including its subsidiaries, together referred to as “Yodlee”). Yodlee is the company we use to access your banking transaction data (its software lets you add details of the accounts which you want to include in our Service, i.e. account aggregation). Please see below for further information on Yodlee.
How we use personal information
We use the personal information we collect to enable us to improve our Service and to better understand your needs.
In particular, we collect, store and process your personal information for the following reasons:
Sharing of your personal information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Your access to the information we hold
You are legally entitled to request modification or deletion of your personal data, or deletion from the registered user’s database at any time. Modification or deletion of data shall be effectuated on the basis of an appropriate notice addressed to email@example.com.
Third Party Links
It is a possibility that personal information which we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, countries outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and/or may be processed by staff located outside the EEA. Due to having different legislation, such countries may not offer the same levels of data protection as the UK. You agree to this transfer, storage and processing when you input your personal information.
We will, of course, take all steps which we consider to be reasonably necessary to keep your data secure. However, transmission of information via the internet is not entirely secure and we cannot, therefore, guarantee the security of any data you send to our app or website via the internet. Your personal information (and other information which we have collected or received) will be retained to the extent required by applicable laws and as we may require for operational and legal purposes.
If your account is deleted by you, the data will be promptly deleted from our systems and we will subsequently be unable to access it. However, we reserve the right to continue to use any anonymised statistical data which we created during your use of our Service.
When setting up your Bean account, you will be able to opt into receiving marketing communications from us.
We will, however, only send you marketing communications by e-mail, phone call, push notification, letter or text message concerning services, opportunities or goods which are similar to those which you have previously purchased or expressed an interest in or if you have consented to such communications from us.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time in the platform at any time or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or comments on this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.