Let us help you cancel your Vodafone subscription
Follow this guide to cancel Vodafone.
Who are Vodafone
Vodafone Group plc is a British multinational telecommunications company with a HQ in London. As of 2016, Vodafone globally ranked fifth by revenue and second in the number of connections. Vodafone operates and owns networks in 26 countries and has partner networks in over 50 additional countries.
How to cancel Vodafone myself
To cancel your Vodafone phone contract yourself, you can follow these steps:
1) First you will need to log into your Vodafone account, using your username and password credentials. You access this log in window at this address. You need to check when your agreement ends. If you’re not at the end of your agreement, you’ll need to wait or you will have to pay an early exit fee.
2) If you want to take your phone number with you, you will need to phone Vodafone and ask for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC).
3) You will then need to give your PAC code to your new network provider. The PAC is valid for 30 days. If that timeframe expires, you will need to ask us for a new PAC code.
4) You will be billed as normal until Vodafone disconnect your number. You final bill will show the early exit fee (if you have to pay it) and any refunds. If you pay by Direct Debit, don’t cancel this until your final payment has been taken.
5) If your using your phone with your new network, you’ll need to unlock it first. You can do this by filling out Vodafone’s online form at this location.
You can contact Vodafone Monday to Sunday from 8am to 8pm at this number: 0333 304 0191
If you need more information about cancelling your Vodafone contract, goto this location.
If your having trouble finding ways to cancel your subscriptions, we have a simple solution for you.