Let us help you cancel your EE subscription
Follow this guide to cancel EE.
Who are EE
EE were formally known as Everything Everywhere. They are a British mobile network operator, Internet service provider and IPTV provider. EE is now the largest mobile network operator in the UK, with over 30 million customers nationwide. EE is the largest operator of 4G services in Europe.
How to cancel EE myself
To cancel your EE phone contract yourself, you can follow these steps:
1) You need to give EE 30 days notice of cancellation, even if you have reached the end of your contract. This is due to EE charging you until the end of your minimum term or the end of the 30 days.
2) If you haven’t reached the end of your minimum contract term, you may be charged an Early Termination Charge on top of the Notice Period Charge. On your bill, this will show as your Remaining Contract Charge.
3) If you want to take your phone number with you, you will need to phone Vodafone and ask for a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC).
4) You will then need to give your PAC code to your new network provider. The PAC is valid for 30 days. If that timeframe expires, you will need to ask us for a new PAC code.
5) Once your cancellation request has been logged into the EE system, you’ll receive a text message with your account closure details and terms and conditions. The text will also have the PAC number, if you are taking your number to the new provider.
You can contact EE at this number: 0800 956 6000
If you need more information about cancelling your EE contract, goto this location.
If your having trouble finding ways to cancel your subscriptions, we have a simple solution for you.